1/10/2012

Concerned I may be developing schizophrenia?

These are useful and collceted by hao!

Concerned I may be developing schizophrenia?Whatever it is, I know my mental health is declining. Do I seem to be developing schizophrenia or some other type of mental disease, based on these symptoms-

- Constant mild paranoia (when outside, feeling "intuitive" that someone is going to kill me, always being on guard, I believe a basic fact of this modern world is that societies are encased by conspiracies, stemming from greed and idiocy- but rarely pure malevolence and never supernatural related)

- Intense to medium anger, disgust, fear, or anxiety when around humans besides 1 parent, and even with this person I feel these emotions. (as a result, I am more or less a recluse)

- Never feeling alone/lonely even though I have been isolated for the majority of my time for 6 months now (always feeling a sort of "presence" or being observed, without believing that an actual "personality"/person is doing the watching)

- Intense paranoia and fear at night of alien abduction, being watched by malevolent spirits or forces, fear of my soul/spirit being forced out of my body by evil creatures. THIS is what prompted me to ask this question. I've had insomnia for a bit over 1 year because of it, and also for 1+ years have had to sleep with lights on.

- Frequent murderous thoughts and fantasies, even with the only person in the world who I trust to any degree on a personal level

- Keeping a steak knife with me at home because I'm worried someone will break in. An incident that happened 1 week ago: a relative was staying over who logically I know is "safe", but I feared they would kill me so I specifically hid a steak knife under my mattress to protect myself from them

- Have had severe depression for 2 years

- Nearly constant brain-fog, feeling 'out of my body', dissociative, sort of high or drunk

- Loss of ability to concentrate for sustained periods, mixing up my words when talking or forgetting terms for simple things, losing train of thought, inability to memorize

- I feel like I'm another species of human, a special, elite sub-type.

- Very little to no desire for companionship/relationships. In the past I have believed I'm schizoid (now I ignore so-called "personality disorders")

- Terminated all relationships (except 1) within the past 2 years out of non-interest and disgust towards humans

- Frequently desired, thought of, and imagined suicide for 1 year (this ended over the past 2 months)

- My brain has frequent two-sided "autopilot" conversations that I feel like I observe, rather than participate in

- My personality type is INTJ (I say this because I suspect that I may have Asperger's syndrome instead of schizophrenia)

**I take no drugs (prescription or illegal) besides St. John's Wort daily and Albuterol for asthma. I have never done illegal drugs and have only very briefly been on depression/anxiety pills on 3 separate occasions. I have drunk wine and beer infrequently for 5 years.

Strangely, I have been eating healthier, exercising more, and learning much more during this length of time than I had when my mental health was okay/average.

I thank you in advance for your answer!

Neko Williams
it is very possible, you might want to talk about this to a GP.

DreamWeaver
You need to print this out and take it in to a doctor or therapist. No one can diagnosis you here, you NEED to get a professional opinion and professional help. I think that you sound very disturbed, and I would strongly recommend you reach out for help as soon as possible, before you do something that you will regret. Hope this helps.

Give your answer to this question below! Learn more about anxiety disorders, including types, causes, symptoms, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention.


Orignal From: Concerned I may be developing schizophrenia?

No comments:

Post a Comment